Both care givers and care recipients need to practice self-care. Here are ten examples of self-care I ran across this morning:
1. Meditate, or sit in silence for 10 minutes.
2. 15 minutes of reading a book.
3. Connect with a new person.
4. 15 minutes outside — in FRESH air!
5. Take a warm bath or shower.
6. Attend the fitness class that you’ve been wanting to try.
7. Mindfully enjoy a meal.
8. 30 minutes un-plugged.
9. Shop for, prepare, and cook yourself (or your family) a meal.
10. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
Can you pick one today?