Face-to-Face Support Groups
There are no support groups like Brain Support Network that welcome caregivers of those dealing with PSP, LBD, MSA, and CBD, and sitting grouped by disorder. However, there are:
- about 45 PSP face-to-face support groups in the US and Canada (many of which welcome CBD and MSA families – call the group leader to find out). Visit http://www.psp.org/i-need-support/in-person-support-groups/
- about 45 MSA face-to-face support groups in the US and Canada (many of which welcome PSP and CBD families – call the group leader to find out). Visit https://www.multiplesystematrophy.org/ and click on the “Local MSA Support Groups” PDF in the Downloads box on the right.
- about 40 LBD face-to-face support groups in the US and Canada (some of which welcome Alzheimer’s caregivers). Visit https://www.lbda.org/lbd-local-support-groups.
- about 40 FTD face-to-face support groups in the US and Canada (some of which welcome PSP and CBD caregivers – call the group leader to find out). Visit http://www.theaftd.org/get-involved/regions
Some groups are for caregivers only while other groups are for anyone coping with a diagnosis.
National Support Resources
Some of the national organizations offer tollfree support phone numbers, such as:
- The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration. HelpLine 866-507-7222
- Lewy Body Dementia Association. Caregiver Link 800-539-9767
- MSA Coalition. Support Hotline 866-737-5999
Support Groups for Other Disorders
If you don’t live in an area where there is a local support group, consider forming a new group or joining a…
- Local Parkinson’s support group. The easiest-to-access list of PD support organizations by state is the American Parkinson Disease Association website. Visit http://www.apdaparkinson.org/resources-support/local-resources/
- Local Alzheimer’s support group. Find out about AD groups by visiting the Alzheimer’s Association website. Visit www.alz.org
- Local caregivers support group. You might be able to find one by contacting your local senior center.
- Online support group telephone-based support group