This article is about five of the common myths and misconceptions associated with hospice care. Many are reluctant to learn about hospice until they are in need of the service leaving a gap in understanding which makes the decision to start even more difficult. The five common myths are as follows:
- Hospice places a time limit on patient stays and hastens death.
- People have to go to hospice centers in order to receive hospice care.
- Hospice care requires you to stop taking medications.
- Hospice depends on sedation as a major way to manage patients’ pain.
- Once you’re enrolled in a hospice program, there’s no turning back.
To learn more about each see the full article below: